Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Strenuous
Group Size Small Group
“Hidden Glaciers” program proposes exploring on horseback the remotest corners of the Estancia Nibepo Aike and Los Glaciares National Park, places where nature is discovered in its maximum expression, pristine nature, a combination of Andean woodland, crystal clear lakes, high mountains, impressive skies and glaciers. The proposal is to get to where vehicles cannot reach, leaving the main buildings of the estancia behind, then climb high up and enter another world after crossing the clearing.
Meet the “puesteros”, who are in charge of each outpost. A very old job which is still very important in the way Nibepo Aike rural life develops. Far away and long ago, when there were no roads, when the tracks and paths were only recently being marked, they had to spend nights far away from civilization to take care of cattle. Nowadays, their occupation is very similar and they know the lands as no one else do. Three nights will be provided at typical outposts where the rangers stay in order work with the livestock. They are also a refuge for mountain climbers making a stop along the way to a peak, or a glacier. Magnificent views of the Hidden Glaciers Frías, Gorra, Grande and Dickson will be obtained during the trip. A combination of horse-riding, hiking, and rural life that may, on certain dates, coincide with big cattle or sheep drive or work in the corrals, thus adding another ingredient to the mix.
- 4 nights accommodation (1 night in Hostería, 1 night in Puesto La Rosada and 2 nights in Puesto de la Laguna 3 de Abril – basic amenities).
- 3 days of riding + 1 day combined horseback riding / trekking
- Full board: 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners. Includes non-alcoholic beverages during meals.
- 1 bilingual guide (English-Spanish)
- Transfer to and from El Calafate in regular service.
- Transfers outside the stipulated hours.
- Alcoholic beverages during meals at the inn (dinner day 1 and lunch day 4)
For this tour you will need:
– Sleeping bag
– Waterproof/windproof jacket
– Warm sweater or polar fleece top
– Hiking boots or strong walking shoes
– Thermal underwear
– Gloves / Hat / Scarf or neck tube
– Sun-screen cream / visor
- Minimum of people for regular departure, 2 riders. Maximum 6 riders.
- The riders must have experience in horseback riding for at least 6 hours a day.
- It is recommended to bring a sleeping bag. If you do not do so, please let us know in advance.
- Policy for minors: Children over 12 years old will be able to carry out this program, as long as they have experience in horseback riding for at least 6 hours a day.