Estancia Cristina Trekking
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
At the time of departing from Punta Bandera harbor, at 8:00 am, we will sail the Northern Arm of Lake Argentino to arrive at the allowable navigation limit in the Upsala Channel, and from there to enjoy a panoramic view of the Upsala Glacier from wall. After disembarking in Estancia Cristina, each small group taking the TREKKING tour will be assigned a 4×4 vehicle with a specialized guide-driver. We will start ascending along the Feruglio mountain chain, the 9.5-km ride which will lead us up to where the vehicle will be parked. Once there, we shall begin a trekking up to the Viewpoint of the Upsala Glacier, exclusive viewpoint to appreciate the Glacier accessing from Estancia Cristina only, enjoying magnificent views of Lake Guillermo and the breathtaking Eastern front wall of
the Upsala Glacier and the Southern Patagonian Ice Field.
From here, we will begin the 14-km trekking into the Cañadón de los Fósiles area where we will witness a great fossil concentration of unique characteristics; traces of the latest marine ingression which are leftexposed after the glacial action. Trekking continues on a steady descent trail. During this path, we will take a break to have the box lunch and then we will carry on trekking until we reach the valley surrounding the Estancia. Later on we will head towards the boarding shore.
- Transportation from Hotel
- Lunch Box
- National Park Entrance Ticket
• Minimum age: 12 years old.
• This trekking, due to physical demand and terrain difficulty, is only suitable for individuals
with a good physical condition, since we will trek on uneven terrain.
• This is not recommended for people with vertebral column, hips, ankles and knees
• Once the trekking has started, the only way to go back to the Estancia main premises is on
• It is therefore essential to have trekking shoes, preferably boots with ankle protection.
• In the case the guide assigned considers the passenger has not the proper physical conditions
to perform the activity or lacks the appropriate outfit, this participant will not be able to
do the trek, with no refund for that.